New, ready-made Tubifast Garments, for dressing retention and wet or dry wrapping, are now available in full-sleeved vests, tights, leggings and socks. For children of six months and over. With no tapes, pins or ties, Tubifast Garments are quick and easy to apply, and their two-way stretch construction ensures complete freedom of movement, so aiding compliance. Comfortable to wear under nightwear and ordinary clothes, they also help to promote fully active days and restful nights.
Use Within Wrapping
Wet wrapping is a therapy used in the treatment of atopic eczema, and involves the use of an emollient under retention bandaging. An emollient (such as Epaderm which is designed for use in wet wrapping) is applied to the affected skin, which is then covered with a damp layer of Tubifast Garment. Working together, the emollient and the damp layer keep the skin hydrated and moist, and help reduce inflammation2. The damp Tubifast Garment also acts as a retaining layer, ensuring that the emollient stays in contact with the skin. The damp layer also cools and soothes the skin and helps to reduce the itch2. A second, dry layer is then applied, which keeps the patient’s clothing dry and prevents further scratching from aggravating the skin and causing potential injury.
Dry wrapping is a similar process to wet wrapping. An emollient (such as Epaderm which is designed for use in dry wrapping) is applied to the affected skin, which is then covered with a single, dry layer of Tubifast Garment.
The Benefits of Garments
Ready-to-wear Tubifast Garments are the latest development from the leaders in dressing retention1. Ideal for convenient, quick and simple wet or dry wrapping, Tubifast Garments are suitable for use on children of six months and over.
- Available in full-sleeved vests, tights, leggings and socks
- Ideal for dressing retention, wet wrapping and dry wrapping
- Complete freedom of movement, through the two-way stretch construction
- Flat seams help prevent irritation of sensitive skin
- Comfortable to wear under nightwear and ordinary clothes, so helping to promote fully active days and restful nights
- Convenient, quick and simple way to wet wrap, so aiding compliance
1 IMS Marketing Data, July 2003
2 Cork MJ, Complete Emollient Therapy. The National Association of Fundholding Practices Official Yearbook. BPC Waterlow, Dunstable 1998: 159-168
- Can be machine washed at 60 degrees (if using Epaderm or a similar emollient. The hot wash removes the emollient from the garment.) Can be tumble dried on low. It is best to use a delicates bag when washing and drying.
Tubifast garments and bandages are suppose to last for approximately 10-15 washes.
It is recommended that Tubifast Garments are sized according to dimension as well as age. See table below.