It comes in pair (2 pieces)
The small gloves are from the age of 4-5 years and upwards.
Hands up who wants relief from hand eczema?
The misery of hand eczema affects up to 5% of adults, and while cases vary in severity, this common condition can be very disabling. A visible skin disease can cause anxiety and low self esteem, affecting an individual’s ability to socialise, do their job and interact with others. No busy, active person can be told not to use their hands, and yet, the first-line therapy for atopic eczema is to apply a moisturising emollient.
Tubifast Gloves are ideal as a dermatological covering or for wet or dry wrapping, allowing patients to keep a greasier, more effective emollient in contact with skin for longer – giving the skin a chance to heal. The gloves are seamless and provide freedom of movement so patients can get on with their lives even during the worst flare-ups.
- Allow full freedom of movement of fingers and thumbs, therefore can be worn throughout the day and night without interfering with normal day-to-day activities
- Provide full coverage of the wrists, a common location of eczematous skin
- Help keep the emollient in close contact with the skin for longer
- Shield inflamed hands from view and protect bedding and clothing from a greasier emollient
- Act as a physical barrier, helping to protect the hands against the damaging effect scratching has on the skin
Fibre content: VISCOSE, NYLON and ELASTANE.
Designed to cover and protect, Tubifast Gloves can be worn in three ways:
1) Use one pair alone as a dermatological covering. The gloves will protect bedding and clothing from dermatological preparations.
2) Dry wrapping: apply one pair of gloves directly over a liberal layer of emollient (such as Epaderm which is designed for use in dry wrapping).
3) Wet wrapping: use two pairs of gloves in the wet wrapping technique. Apply a liberal layer of emollient to the hands (such as Epaderm which is designed for use in wet wrapping), followed by a warm damp pair of gloves and then a dry pair on top.
The benefits of wet wrapping
- disruption of the itch-scratch cycle
- less sleep interruption
- cooling and soothing the skin
- better hydration, reducing inflammation and allergen load
- Can be machine washed at 60 degrees (if using Epaderm or a similar emollient. The hot wash removes the emollient from the garment.) Can be tumble dried on low. It is best to use a delicates bag when washing and drying.
Tubifast garments and bandages are suppose to last for approximately 10-15 washes.
Posted by Monica on 2nd Apr 2016
I am very happy with this product. It is comfortable, strong but not tight, and great for my son's sensitive skin.
Posted by Ali Hannah on 2nd Nov 2015
I'm so relieved to have found this product. The night we tried them on my son was the first night he didn't find a way into his wraps to scratch himself silly! I highly recommend these but when putting them on pull them up under arm wraps so they are not easily taken off in the night and you will be as happy as I am ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Posted by Lisa Evans on 16th Feb 2015
The first gloves I have been able to find that fit my 2 year old!
Posted by Unknown on 12th Jan 2015
The cotton gloves are good but would be more ideal if there was an option with velcro closure or something like this to prevent my boy from pulling them off during the night in his sleep. If you ever did this version I would be the first to buy them and I think they would be a great option for kids that get itchy at night.
Posted by Joy Mitchell on 2nd Oct 2014
We need to stop child pulling off with their teeth
maybe can fix to long sleeve shirt.Fit is great.
Posted by Julie on 26th Aug 2014
Fantastic, very wearable and stay on at night to stop my toddler itching. And they dont make her too hot. Just great Thanks.
Posted by Karen Knox on 24th May 2014
These gloves are awesome for wet wraps on my 4yr old daughter.thank you for making little sizes for little hands......