The Eczema Detective
Exploring Eczema with Our Young Detective
BOOK: 42 page full colour picture book ideal for pre-schoolers to 7 years.- by Marnie Hibbert
This children’s book includes an easy-to-understand story about eczema and how it feels through the voice of a 4 year old boy. He sets out with his buddy, a curious squirrel, to work out why he has eczema. It’s a positive, simple and fun story discovering what makes him feel better. Ideal for reading at childcare centres, preschools, hospitals, dermatology clinics and homes to provide a voice for our little ones struggling with this common skin condition.
In collaboration and support of the Eczema Association Australasia Inc.
This children’s book includes an easy-to-understand story about eczema and how it feels through the voice of a 4 year old boy. He sets out with his buddy, a curious squirrel, to uncover why he has eczema. It’s a positive, simple and fun story discovering what makes him feel better.
• Story picture book ideal for pre-schoolers to 7 years.
• Includes eczema facts for adult readers.
• Fun activities for young children to play with their parents or medical practitioners.
• Designed to make learning about eczema informative and fun for young children.
• Ideal for reading at childcare centres, preschools, hospitals, dermatology clinics and homes to provide a voice for our little ones struggling with this common skin condition.
• This book has been carefully created to ensure all medical information is current and accurate. Dermatologists, Nurse Practitioners, Paediatricians and the Eczema Association of Australasia Inc were consulted to create a very much needed resource for young children and their parents. I think this is going to be a game changer for families!
• In collaboration and support of the Eczema Association Australasia.
• Foreword by Cheryl Talent, President of the Eczema Association Australasia and Kate DeAmbrosis, Specialist Dermatologist.
• Book Specifications | 40 page full colour | 21x21cm Softcover | Spot gloss varnish on the cover characters.
IMPORTANT: Illustrated kids' books about allergies serve several important purposes for children:
Education: These books provide a child-friendly and relatable way to learn about allergies. They explain what allergies are, common allergens, and how to recognize allergic reactions. This knowledge empowers children to understand their own allergies or those of their friends and classmates.
Empathy and Understanding: Allergy-themed books help foster empathy in children. They teach kids to be considerate of others who may have allergies and to be aware of potential allergens. This can reduce the risk of accidentally causing harm to their peers with allergies.
Safety: Children with allergies need to know how to keep themselves safe. Allergy books often include practical tips on avoiding allergens, carrying medications (like EpiPens), and seeking help in case of an allergic reaction. This knowledge can be life-saving.
Reducing Fear and Anxiety: Allergies can be frightening for children, especially if they've experienced severe reactions. Illustrated books can help demystify allergies, making them less scary and more manageable for kids. This can reduce anxiety and increase their confidence in managing their allergies.
Inclusivity: These books promote inclusivity by raising awareness of allergies and their impact. They help create a more supportive and understanding environment for children with allergies, ensuring they feel included and safe in social settings.
Healthy Eating Habits: Some allergy-themed books focus on food allergies. These books can help children with allergies and their peers make informed food choices, promoting healthier eating habits and ensuring that everyone can enjoy meals together safely.
Reading and Literacy Skills: Illustrated books are a fantastic tool for developing reading and literacy skills in children. By using engaging visuals and relatable stories, allergy-themed books encourage kids to read and learn.
In summary, illustrated kids' books about allergies are beneficial because they educate, promote empathy, enhance safety, reduce fear and anxiety, foster inclusivity, encourage healthy habits, and support literacy development. These books play a crucial role in helping children navigate a world where allergies are increasingly common.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other The Allergy Shop Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.